Recipe by Kasia#3
This recipe is from a family friend. First time I had these were at my husbands grandmothers house in Indiana, they are wonderful. My kids still enjoy them today. ENJOY!
Top Review by Sharon the Rocket
This was a tough recipe for me to make because I don't think the directions were clear enough as far as how to separate the dough (what size, roll out to what thickness, etc.) I intend to try it again as I figured out some things "after the fact". My dumplings weren't very firm and I definitely don't think I understood about putting them in butter and sugar after cooking them. I'm sure they will be great once I figure it all out. Made for Pac 08.
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Butter.
- Heat milk till luke warm.
- Drain and press cottage cheese threw sieve.
- Mix remainder with butter, egg, milk then dry ingredients.
- Add flour till dough does not stick to fingers.
- Let dough rest covered 10 minutes or longer in warm spot.
- Fill Dumpling with small pieces of fruit, then roll into ball.
- Boil 10-12 minutes till dumplings float.
- Top with butter and sugar.