Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my grandma. It is really amazing. You can use cherries, black berries, peaches, or apples in it. Sometimes you have to cook it longer than it says to cook depending on your type of oven. When you bake this use a metal baking dish because glass baking dishes tend to overcook. I hope you enjoy this recipe. By chef_pickle
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package Betty Crocker yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherries or 1 (15 ounce) can blackberries or 1 (15 ounce) can peaches, or
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Layer the both cans of fruit on the bottom of a metal 9"x12" baking dish. Gently stir it together.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit and spread it evenly.
- Drizzle the melted margarine on the top of the cake mix.
- If desired sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and crusty.