Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The creamy filling tastes like fruit dip, and fresh strawberries are the perfect fruit for this incredibly easy summer-time treat. The recipe is so versatile, you can pick many different flavor/fruit combinations. This one, however, is my favorite. Fresh strawberries just can't be beat.
- 1 ready-made pie crust (Keebler Shortbread Crust is perfect, far better than graham cracker for this particular recipe)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (I use JELL-O Brand)
- 1 (6 ounce) carton low-fat strawberry yogurt (I use Yoplait strawberry cheesecake yogurt, but the ingredient list didn't have that as a choice)
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- Slice enough strawberries to cover bottom of Ready-Crust.
- Place strawberries on bottom of crust - one layer.
- Combine milk, pudding, and yogurt, whisk until well-blended.
- Pour into crust over layer of strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Serve with freshly sliced strawberries on top after pie is set.
Although the strawberries I got for this pie probably weren't the most flavorful (considering the time of year), I was still able to make a very presentable pie with them! I also used strawberry flavored milk! Not only that, but you'd think it was the top of the local strawberry season the way residents in our mobile home park oohhed & aahhed over it (during a pie-tasting/pie-sharing event)! I really liked this veersion of strawberry pie & look forward to making it again early next summer! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]