Recipe by GrandmaG
Another dip from my "Gifts in a Bag" recipe book. This is really yummy in the fall using fresh granny smith apples. I love that sweet and tart flavor. Cook time is chill time. Yeild is estimate.
Top Review by newspapergal
This is really good, GrandmaG. Chose it as part of Pick A Chef Nov '04. I halved it, & made the dip, snacking on it with apples, grapes & oranges. Oh, I also added just a dash of lemon juice to the mixture. Thanks ;)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
When ready to make dip add
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the brown sugar, crystallized ginger, and cinnamon in food processor until ginger is finely chopped and mixture is well blended.
- Place in 3" x 4" ziplock bag or jelly jar and seal.
- Attach gift tag with the directions on how to prepare the dip.
- Gift tag should read:.
- Combine the Fruit Dip Mix with the softened cream cheese.
- Beat until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with fresh fruit cut into bite size pieces.
- TIP: Remember dip will be firm until it reaches room temperature Also dip tastes better if chilled 2 or more hours, flavors the cheese more.