Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really light and fluffy fruit dip that is great at parties, holidays, or any time! Serve with fruit of your choice.
- 1. Using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and marshmallow creme until mixed thoroughly.
- My Note: I make this for just about any gathering at my house, because it always gets eaten. I have been making this dip for a couple of years with the following adjustments: Use light Strawberry Cream Cheese. I add 2 TBS of orange juice when mixing with the marshmallow ceam. Finally, I fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip. I never have any left overs with this dip!
- Just remember to let your cream cheese soften before you mix. It is a lot easier this way. Also I stick my rubber scraper in very hot water to help to get the sticky marshmallow cream out of the jar.
- Used strawberry cream cheese, added 1 cup of cool whip and 2 tbsp orange juice. Had people at the party eating dip without the fruit. If you add cool whip make sure the cream cheese and marshmallow creme are mixed well first. Serve with a fruit and bite size cubes of pound cake! as well!
- We have add 1/4 t sugar and 1/2 vanilla extract. We also add a few drops of red food coloring to give it a pink hue. This makes it so pretty next to strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe and fresh pineapple chunks. Or add a few drops of marachino (sp)cherry juice to make it have a pink tint. Its great with strawberries.
- I love this recipe. I usually add about 1-2T lemon juice. It makes it smoother, and it gives it just a little bit of a kick. Either way, this is a great dip for any kind of fruit -- melons, berries, grapes, bananas, you name it!
- I get requests for it all the time! My son loves it and he have served it at several get-togethers. Sometimes he add a bit of orange juice and always use light strawberry cream cheese.
- I have used this recipe for a number of years now but I have varied it several times. You can use any kind of the sweet flavored cream cheeses or make it with the marshmallow cream and 8 oz cream cheese and add 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to it to make the best chocolate fruit dip ever! P.S. You can also use this as an icing on cake if you like!
- I tried this recipe different ways over the years: as written and once with strawberry cream cheese, orange juice and whipped cream. The original recipe was so much better! My family didn't like the modifications at all, but the original recipe was gone that evening. I definitely recommend making it the way it is originally written!