Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sounds like a good fruit dip, though not low in calores, however you can lower the calorie/fat count by using low fat cream cheese, light sour cream and light Cool Whip. Even Splenda Brown sugar would probally work out equally well. Use with your favorite seasonal fruit - some of my favorites are apple slices, grapes, stawberries and pineapple chunks. Chill time (4 hours) is not included in prep time. Recipe source: Southern Living
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur (Kahlua) (optional)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- In a bowl of an electric mixer beat brown sugar and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add sour cream, vanilla, and Kahlua (if desired), beating until blended and smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip (whipped topping).
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with additional brown sugar if desired.
- Serve with your favorite seasonal fruit.
This was really good, I used low fat cheese and sour cream and cut it in half. I am not telling the dietician about it when i meet her on friday :lol: