Recipe by grandma2969
use lower fat and calorie ingredients if possible..this is terrific..serve with all kinds of fresh fruit..a big hit during the holidays..I use Splenda instead of sugar..I use Clear Jell in place of cornstarch..but cornstarch will work if you don't have the other ingredient...
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- cook pineapple juice, sugar and clear jell (or cornstarch) until thick.
- when cool to room temperature.add cream cheese and Cool Whip.
- mix together till creamy.
- serve with sliced apples and bananas that have been dipped in lemon juice to prevent darkening.as well as other fresh fruits or pound cake squares.