Recipe by LoriInIndiana
A beautiful salad with pound cake croutons make a light finish to a heavy meal, perfect for summertime!!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Very wonderful dessert! Love the fact that it is pretty good for you too! I used a non-fat strawberry yogurt instead of plain just to add to the dressing's flavoring. Used canned pineapple chunks and everything else fresh. Very delightfully delicious! Made for PAC April 2008.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 slices poundcake, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 bananas, quartered
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add cake slices and saute until browned, about 1 minute.
- Flip and sprinkle browned side with sugar.
- Saute an additional 30 seconds or until browned on the other side.
- Remove from pan and cut in "croutons" and set aside.
- Whisk yogurt and honey together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare fruit and assemble salads starting with two slices of banana to keep smaller fruit from sliding on plate.
- Divide remaining fruit and croutons evenly over each salad and drizzle with yogurt.