Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A beautiful salad with pound cake croutons make a light finish to a heavy meal, perfect for summertime!!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 slices poundcake, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 bananas, quartered
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add cake slices and saute until browned, about 1 minute.
- Flip and sprinkle browned side with sugar.
- Saute an additional 30 seconds or until browned on the other side.
- Remove from pan and cut in "croutons" and set aside.
- Whisk yogurt and honey together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare fruit and assemble salads starting with two slices of banana to keep smaller fruit from sliding on plate.
- Divide remaining fruit and croutons evenly over each salad and drizzle with yogurt.
Very wonderful dessert! Love the fact that it is pretty good for you too! I used a non-fat strawberry yogurt instead of plain just to add to the dressing's flavoring. Used canned pineapple chunks and everything else fresh. Very delightfully delicious! Made for PAC April 2008.
Simply delicious! Used tinned pineapple and upped the fruit to compensate for the fact that we (unfortunately) cannot get blueberries in Greece. The yoghurt 'dressing' could use a little flavouring - maybe a few drops of vanilla or a suitable liqueur?