Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe is one my Aunt Nancy made me when I was in town for my visit this year (2007) She said you can use any fruit you like that matches with the jello you use. She used peaches and peach jello. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. My kids and I loved it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box Jello gelatin (flavor of your choice)
- fruit slices (of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Mix and pressed in a greased 9x13x2 pan, flour,brown sugar,pecans,and margarine.
- Bake in oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar,whip cream,and cream cheese.
- Spread the mixture over top of cooled crust.
- Peel and slice up fruit of choice. Place on top of cheese mixture.
- In a sauce pan cook until thick, sugar,cornstarch and water.
- Remove from heat and add jello.
- Let cool until really thick.
- Pour over the fruit of choice and refrigerate until chilled.