Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice and creamy fruit dessert. Creamy because of the pudding. I got this from a boss of mine at an office party probably 30 years ago. Very quick and easy to make and very yummy.
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 package frozen strawberries, sliced
- banana (according to taste)
- 2 packages vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- Drain juice from fruit and mix with dry pudding mix.
- Cook until thickened.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, add peaches, pineapple and thawed strawberries.
- Just before serving, add sliced bananas.
I really expected more from this recipe. With the word "creamy", I thought the pudding would be creamy. But it wasn't. It was more like a gel type consistency. And, I think b/c I used the fruit juice to make up the pudding, it gave it a very weird flavor and texture. It also left a funny after taste in my mouth. I normally love cook&serve pudding, but this was NASTY. Also, this recipe should call for FRESH strawberries. Frozen strawberries just don't taste great and are mushy once they thaw. One more thing, this recipe doesn't tell you the size package to buy for the pudding. My grocery store only sells the big boxes of cook and serve, unlike the instant pudding where you can buy the 3 oz. boxes. Perhaps that was the problem with the pudding mixture. Doubt I will try this again to find out. Sorry Donna.