Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can fill this tart with which ever fruit you like. This recipe is just a guideline. It seems like a lot of work but it truly isn't. You won't regret making this tart. It looks very rustic and it very tasty and yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 3 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 4 tablespoons of melted light butter
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries (anything goes, apples, blueberries...)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine crust ingredients until a dough is formed. Wrap dough on wax or plastic paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough and fit into a removable bottom 9 inch tart pan. Prick the dough with a fork. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place parchment paper topped with rice to weight paper down.
- Bake dough for 18 minutes at 350°F.
- While dough is baking prepare filling and crumb mixtures by mixing ingredients in separate bowls, one for the crumb mixture and another for the filling mixture.
- Remove dough from the oven and increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Remove parchment paper and add filling to the pan. Top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool tart completely and serve. Enjoy.