Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Del Monte. This tasty dessert is simple enough for (older) kids to make.
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans peach slices, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cansliced pears, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- Place fruit in an 8 X 8 baking dish.
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly and moist. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes or until topping is crisp and golden.
This recipe is a really good shortcut and also when fruit is not in season. I have made it with canned apricots/canned plum combination and prefer this, but there are many possibilities just depends on your taste.