Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple dessert you can throw together quickly. The sweet summer fruit and buttery, crunchy topping make a perfect dessert. I like to use a combination of fruits. I got this recipe from "The Gourmet Cookbook."
- Put a rack in middle of oven & preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 1/2-inch deep-dish glass pie plate.
- Combine flour, sugar, almonds, & salt in a food processor & pulse until nuts are coarsely chopped.
- Add butter & pulse until mixture begins to clump. (DO NOT OVERMIX.).
- Spread fruit in pie plate & sprinkle topping over it.
- Bake crumble until fruit is tender & topping is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool slightly on a rack.
- Serve warm with ice cream.