Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fun and creative way to have your fruit and eat it too! Great way to have your kids participate in making a meal! I got this from Cooking Thin TV show.
- In a food processor or blender, combine yogurt, peanut butter and dark brown sugar and puree.
- Pour into a pretty bowl and chill in the refrigerator, about 20 minutes.
- While the dip is chilling, make fruit"critters" using the fruits for bodies, pretzel sticks for legs, and raisins for eyes.
- Here are some suggestions, but use your imagination!
- Quarter and core an apple.
- Place the flesh side down so the peel is facing up.
- This will be the shell for a"beetle".
- Cut 1 raisin in 1/2, place the inside down towards 1 end of the apple to make"eyes" for your beetle.
- Break 4 pretzel sticks in half and insert into the bottom for legs.
- Carefully thread grapes onto a pretzel stick to make a caterpillar.
- Stick 2 sunflower seeds into one of the end grapes to make eyes.
- You can also use 2 kinds of grapes to make a multi colored caterpillar.
- For a fly or bee: Cut off the last 2 inches of a banana, so you have a piece with a slight curve and a tapered end.
- This will be the body.
- Carefully stick a pretzel stick into the cut surface so half is in the banana and half is sticking out.
- Core a strawberry and carefully stick in onto the other half of the pretzel stick to attach the"head".
- Cut a raisin in 1/2 and stick the cut side onto either side of the strawberry to make"eyes".
- Cut 2 slices of apple and carefully stick into the banana to make wings.
- Have fun using different fruits!
- Dip the critters in the dip and enjoy!