Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite fruit crisp topping. It makes alot, and I love to keep it on hand for a quick dessert. My family LOVES fruit crisps, and I can whip one up in just a few minutes with this in my cupboard. Sometimes I'll use pie filling mixed with fresh fruit for a change. How many times do you have a certain fruit on hand, and want to make a crisp, but have to search for a topping recipe? Well, not anymore. Recipe to make fruit crisp follows.
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 5 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
To make crisp
- 1 (21 ounce) canfruit pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can fresh fruit, if you prefer
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut in chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Store in an airtight container.
- CAN BE STORED IN A COOL DRY PLACE FOR UP TO ONE YEAR.
- To make crisp: Place pie filling in 8 inch square pan.
- Cut butter into 1 cup of topping mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
You are SO My Hero, Leeanne! I have been searching for a good fruit crisp recipe and never dreamed it could be so easy! My family loves it too! It is even a GOOD dessert for the kids! Yay! Thanks for making my day!
What a wonderful Idea! I have a jar of this in my cupboard now, especially that rhubarb and other summer fruit season is upon us. We are not usually dessert eaters, but if we need one fast, this is a perfect and easy solution.
I made this exactly as the recipe says. Have used it both on fresh fruit and canned , it is absolutely the best recipe and so really delicious. I will be keeping this on hand at all times for those quick desserts when needed. Love You so much for sharing this.. hugz!!!