Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is made in 2 ramekins. The original recipe from the 4/96 issue calls for reduced calorie margarine but I use regular butter instead. You can substitute any fruit.
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, if frozen-thaw
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the fruits and lemon juice in a small bowl and toss gently. Divide fruit mixture into 2 10 oz custard cups.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blended and sprinkle mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Cover and bake for 20 minute
- Uncover and bake another 5 minutes until crisp.
Sorry, but neither my husband nor I enjoyed this dish. It's probably because we don't really care for blueberries that much and the flavor of the blueberries seemed to be quite overpowering. That being said, if you love blueberries, do give this a try. Make sure your blueberries are completely thawed before beginning this dish. Mine probably weren't, and it created too much liquid. Made for the Bargain Basement Tag Game.