Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very quick dessert, that almost everyone loves.You can make it with a bottom and top "crust" if you like. Just double the crust part.
- 1 can any flavor pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place pie filling in 8x8x2 inch square pan.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and flour with pastry blender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle over pie filling and bake for 20 min at 350 or until browned.
- Serve warm.
I tried this with cherry pie filling and my oh my...it was fantastic...I'll be making this over and over with different pie fillings.
I had no idea I was actually making what we Brits call a crumble! Very tasty - the oats was a welcome addition to the usual crumble topping. Thank you very much!!
This is wonderful with the brown sugar instead of white sugar! I reduced sugar to 1/2 cup and added 1/4 tsp ginger. It was perfect!