Recipe by AmyZoe
I love the coconut in this recipe. Next time, I think I'll try it with nuts and coconut. Super simple dessert. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook Prizewinning Recipes.
Top Review by juliadjulie
This is my favorite fruit crisp recipe because it's not overly sweet like some. . I like to use slivered almonds in the topping and I double the amount of cinnamon. Simple and delicious.
- 5 cups apples or 5 cups pears or 5 cups peaches (sliced and peeled) or 5 cups apricots (sliced and peeled)
- 2 -4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (regular)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup coconut (chopped) or 1⁄4 cup nuts (chopped)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- If fruit is frozen, thaw but do not drain.
- Place fruit in a 2-quart square baking dish.
- Stir in the granulated sugar.
- For topping, in a medium bowl combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (40 minutes for thawed fruit) or until fruit is tender and topping is golden.
- Cool slightly.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.