Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
this makes a lovely gift. it's delicious served with poultry, roasts and latkes, recipe from jacques pepin
- 340.19 g pear, quartered,cored,cubed
- 2 large bananas, peeled,sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, aapple quartered,cored,cubed
- 1 quinces, quartered,seeded,cubed
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml red pepper
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml clove
- 1 large grapefruit
- using a vegetable peeler peel off grapefruit rind in strips.
- using a sharp knife cut grapefruit into sections over a bowl to catch the juice.
- add grapefruit sections, rind, juice, and all ingredients to a saucepan.
- bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, partially cover and cook 30-40 minutes.
- spoon into small jars, cover tightly and refrigerate.
- this keeps for a month or more.
You seem to have two different recipes here: the instructions do not match the ingredient list, which does not contain grapefruit. Try again!