Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Get a vitamin-C boost when you toss strawberries, cantaloupe and kiwi with crystallized ginger and orange juice in this quick compote. From 'EatingWell.com' and posted for ZWT5.
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup cantaloupe balls (about 1/2 cantaloupe) or 1 cup cantaloupe, cubes (about 1/2 cantaloupe)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Combine strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwis, orange juice, ginger and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Stir gently.
- Serve in individual bowls, sprinkled with toasted coconut.
- TIP: To toast coconut place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking pan and bake at 350F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Good and easy! I probably used more strawberries and cantaloupe than the recipe called for, but we enjoyed this very easy fruit compote with sandwiches. Thanks for sharing!