Get a vitamin-C boost when you toss strawberries, cantaloupe and kiwi with crystallized ginger and orange juice in this quick compote. From 'EatingWell.com' and posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 pint strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup cantaloupe balls (about 1/2 cantaloupe) or 1 cup cantaloupe, cubes (about 1/2 cantaloupe)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Combine strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwis, orange juice, ginger and sugar in a medium bowl.
- 2Stir gently.
- 3Serve in individual bowls, sprinkled with toasted coconut.
- 4TIP: To toast coconut place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking pan and bake at 350F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Compote With Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: