Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Favorite fresh berries and fresh pineapple marinated with an elegant Orange Liqueur marinade. Not your everyday fruit salad! I found this recipe in the newspaper and served it for an Easter Brunch. I presented it in individual parfait glasses garnished with a fresh strawberry.
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 navel orange, zested, sectioned and chopped
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 pints of mixed fresh strawberries or 4 pints raspberries, blueberries or 4 pints blackberries
- Combine orange liqueur, marmalade, orange zest and chopped orange sections. Pour over pineapple cubes and refrigerate for at least several hours(overnight is best).
- In a separate bowl, hull and slice strawberries. Use a little sugar to sweeten them if necessary. Refrigerate overnight or for a least several hours.
- About 1 hour prior to serving, rinse other berries and combine with marinated pineapple and sliced strawberries.
- The preparation time does not allow for the refrigeration time. This recipe is best prepped the evening prior to the event and then combine the fruit just before serving.