Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a real stick-to-your-ribs pud just for a cold winter's day. Served with a custard it is toe-curlingly good!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (30 ounce) can fruit cocktail, juice included
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all batter ingredients well with wooden spoon.
- Pour into large greased pie dish.
- Bake at 350F for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Boil together topping ingredients for 5 minutes.
- As pudding comes out of oven stab it all over with a knife and pour topping over.
Very good and easy. I halved the recipe because I only had a 15oz can of fruit coctail but when it came to the eggs, I forgot to add only one and put two in, it still turned out great. I`m wondering how it would be with either pineapple or apple pie filling to also try. Thanks for posting an excellent recipe.
This was so good! My DH remembered having this as a child, but I had never been able to find just the right recipe until now. Finally, my search is over. Thanks so much for posting!
OMG..so easy and yet so wonderful..made this for wife's friends baby shower and the ladies were in love..(the the recipe not me..)lol... had to give everyone the recipe or they said they wouldnt leave..lol..Thanks