JeanineD 2's Note:
This recipe comes from my mother, she always made this when I was a child. It is one of my favorite puddings, I make this pudding very, often as it is quick and very, very, very easy to make. I use a can of fruit that has a little bit of everything in it, such as cherries,grapes, peaches, pears, pineapple and guavas. One could use any fruit, however I find a can of mixed fruit is the secret to this pudding
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2preheat oven to 180%C.
- 3Mix the self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and sugar together.
- 4Add the canned cocktail fruit and eggs mix well.
- 5Pour the mixture into a greased dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 6While the pudding is baking make the sauce.
- 8Put the sugar, coconut, milk, vanilla essence and butter into a saucepan boil together for 5 minutes.
- 9As soon as the pudding comes out of the oven, prick the pudding with a large prong fork and pour the hot sauce over.
- 10The sauce will be absorbed by the pudding.
- 11Serve the pudding hot.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Cocktail Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 942.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 140.5 mg
- Sodium 597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 126.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: