Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my mother, she always made this when I was a child. It is one of my favorite puddings, I make this pudding very, often as it is quick and very, very, very easy to make. I use a can of fruit that has a little bit of everything in it, such as cherries,grapes, peaches, pears, pineapple and guavas. One could use any fruit, however I find a can of mixed fruit is the secret to this pudding
- 410 g canned fruit
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons butter
- preheat oven to 180%C.
- Mix the self raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and sugar together.
- Add the canned cocktail fruit and eggs mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the pudding is baking make the sauce.
- Put the sugar, coconut, milk, vanilla essence and butter into a saucepan boil together for 5 minutes.
- As soon as the pudding comes out of the oven, prick the pudding with a large prong fork and pour the hot sauce over.
- The sauce will be absorbed by the pudding.
- Serve the pudding hot.