Lunchboxes aren't just for kids anymore. They also belong to hard-working people who like to "brown bag" their midday meal (or supper, in the case of late shift workers). These cookie bars don't need to be limited to the lunchbox. They're perfect with a glass of icy cold milk. From an old newspaper clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 ounce) can fruit cocktail, well drained (reserve 2 tablespoons syrup for glaze)
- 1/2 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1/2 cup margarine, softened (not spread or tub product)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease a 13 x 9" pan.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, lemon extract and cloves; beat in eggs and sifted mixture.
- 4Fold in fruit cocktail and raisins.
- 5Turn into pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6Mix glaze ingredients together and brush on; cool and cut into bars.
- 7Store in pan tightly covered with aluminum foil.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Cocktail Lunch Box Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g