Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is so easy to throw together. This recipe makes good use of any extra fresh fruit that may become overripe if not used. Smells delicious while cooking and is great served warm from the oven.
Top Review by Chef Treenie
Had been wanting to try this for awhile. I had all the ingredients and putting it together was quick and easy enough. It was a little sweet without the ice cream, which I didn't have, but a very nice compliment with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, reserve 1/2 cup juice (or 2 cups of cut up fruit)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain fruit cocktail well, reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Beat egg and sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients, add to egg mixture, alternately with fruit liquid.
- Fold in the fruit. Pour into 9x9 greased and floured pan. Sprinkle brown sugar and nuts on top. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve from the pan.
- This is also good for dessert, served with whipped cream or ice cream.