Recipe by Doing it Right
This is a yummy, fluffy and easy pie to prepare. Made with basic ingredients that can be found in any mom and pop grocery store. Each serving is only 221 calories. The diabetic exchanges are: 1 Starch, 1 Fruit and 1 Fat. I'm posting it as written, but I use reduced fat graham cracker crust, and fat free Cool Whip. The nutritional inforamtion is for the pie as posted, not with my changes. Another of my favorites from Joanna Lund.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Cool Whip Lite
- 2 cups fruit cocktail, packed in its own juice, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl stir cream cheese with a spoon until soft.
- Add dry pudding mix, dry milk powder and water.
- Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Fold in 1/2 cup Cool Whip Lite. Add fruit cocktail.
- Mix gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into piecrust.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When serving, top each piece with 1 tablespoon Cool Whip Lite.