1/1 Photo of Fruit Cocktail Cake (from a Cake Mix)
This delicious cake comes together fast, starting with a cake mix. I think the flavor is very subtle, and the cake is quite moist. The original recipe had a syrupy sweet icing on it, but I added the coconut/brown sugar on top instead, and I think it makes this a nice snacking cake. (*NOTE: I used a fruit cocktail I've found that has guava, mango, etc., and found the pieces a little large, so I chopped it up a bit before adding to mixture. The regular fruit cocktail with grapes, etc., should be fine w/o that)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat to 325*.
- 2Combine cake mix, fruit cocktail with juices, 1 cup of coconut and eggs in a large mixer bowl.
- 3Blend, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan, or two 8x8 pans.
- 5Sprinkle batter evenly with remaining 1/2 cup of coconut, and then 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- 6Bake at 325* for 45 min (if 9x13 pan; about 30-35 min for two pans).
- 7Serve warm or room temp; stays moist for several days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Cocktail Cake (from a Cake Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 202.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g