- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, fruit cocktail and vanilla and mix all ingredients well (by hand--do not use electric mixer); batter will seem very thick at first (if you use good fruit cocktail that has mostly fruit, not all juice), but this is the way it should be (the juice in the fruit cocktail is the only liquid in this recipe except, of course, the eggs).
- Pour into a greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- This cake is best with Fruit Cocktail Cake Icing #7062.