Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a favorite from my Nana.
Make and share this Fruit Cocktail Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together flour, sugar, eggs, baking soda and fruit cocktail.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar and nuts.
- Spoon the cake batter into an ungreased 9 X 13 inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle sugar/nut mixure over cake.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- When cake is almost done, place the butter, sugar and evaporated milk in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut and vanilla.
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven, pour the frosting over the top of the cake.
- Important- both the cake and the frosting must be hot.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature.
This is something my Mom used to make me as a child. I did not have her recipe. Thank you so very much for posting this. This brings back memories!