Recipe by NovaLee
This is a very moist and rich cake.
Top Review by SmilinJenE
This turned out very different from what I was expecting, so I was disappointed at first, but this was REALLY a lovely cake. It isn't a kid favorite, but the grown-ups loved it. It stayed moist for a week. The topping is really what makes this cake. Thanks SO much for sharing this.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1 2/3 cup) can milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sugar, flour, baking soda, salt eggs, and fruit, pour into a ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Combine brown sugar, nuts, and coconut; sprinkle on top cake.
- Bake at 325°F for 45-50 minutes.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes sugar, butter, vanilla and can milk.
- When cake is done pierce cake with a toothpick all over and pour milk mixture over cake while it is still hot.
- * (I have used only half of the milk mixture and it is fine also).