Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
my favorite cake! not fluffy at all, sweet tooth perfection.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups fruit cocktail, juice and all
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Mix filling ingredients together and pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until well done.
- For the frosting, bring sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk to a boil for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour over cake while both the cake and filling are hot.
- (In otherwards right out of oven) Let cool before eating or cutting.