Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from the Yankee Church Supper Cookbook. How simple is this!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fruit cocktail, drained and 1/2 cup syrup reserved
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add egg, vanilla, fruit cocktail, and syrup; beat well.
- In a greased 9X13-inch pan, pour batter and spread the brown sugar and nuts evenly on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (if using glass pan, 325 degrees) for 1 hour.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream.