Recipe by Mirj
There's always a can of fruit cocktail lurking in your cupboard that no one wants. Here's a good way to put it to use.
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 396.89 g can fruit cocktail-juice
- 473.18 ml flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs, then stir in the sugar, baking soda, salt and fruit cocktail with juice.
- Stir in flour, blending well, then turn into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan.
- To make the icing-------------------->>>.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, milk and butter and bring to a boil.
- Boil for a minute.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over fork poked cake while it is still hot from the oven.
- Serve from pan while still warm or cooled.