Recipe by Mirj
There's always a can of fruit cocktail lurking in your cupboard that no one wants. Here's a good way to put it to use.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can fruit cocktail-juice
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs, then stir in the sugar, baking soda, salt and fruit cocktail with juice.
- Stir in flour, blending well, then turn into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave cake in pan.
- To make the icing-------------------->>>.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, milk and butter and bring to a boil.
- Boil for a minute.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over fork poked cake while it is still hot from the oven.
- Serve from pan while still warm or cooled.