Recipe by sklhczech
Recipe from Tyndall, SD, Good Samaritan cookbook. Great for bake sales and it also freezes well.
Top Review by blacdollz_7842229
This recipe is great!! Mine came out more like a cake than a bread, but delicious!! I will be making more of it, as i have a few cans of fruit cocktail left over from making ambrosia!! Thank you!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Fold in flour and baking powder until just mixed.
- Stir in fruit cocktail.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans; then remove from pans and finish cooling on wire rack.
- May drizzle with powdered sugar icing when cool.