Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from Tyndall, SD, Good Samaritan cookbook. Great for bake sales and it also freezes well.
Make and share this Fruit Cocktail Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Fold in flour and baking powder until just mixed.
- Stir in fruit cocktail.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans; then remove from pans and finish cooling on wire rack.
- May drizzle with powdered sugar icing when cool.
This recipe is great!! Mine came out more like a cake than a bread, but delicious!! I will be making more of it, as i have a few cans of fruit cocktail left over from making ambrosia!! Thank you!
This bread is sweet and delicious and best served warm right out of the oven. The outside is firm/crusty and the inside is so moist. I was going to ice with powdered sugar icing but did not have any powdered sugar but this bread does not need it.
Anytime I see 'fruit cocktail' I'm interested, just as your recipe drew my attention! I grew up loving that stuff! Made your recipe just as given, then managed to freeze a loaf before 4 of us almost devoured the other one! Very, very nice, & certainly worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]