Recipe by out of here
This recipe is a family favorite, very moist and lots of fruit in it. The recipe came out of the Marquette Mining Journal newspaper in Michigan.
Top Review by KitchieWitchyGoo
We can't let this one go unnoticed! It's a wonderful dessert and I am going to make it again for Thanksgiving! So ooey gooey good, it was a pleaser here and will be at your house too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail (undrained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar. Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Spread in greased,13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle batter with the walnuts and 1 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan, boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over the still warm bars.