Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a family favorite, very moist and lots of fruit in it. The recipe came out of the Marquette Mining Journal newspaper in Michigan.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail (undrained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat eggs and sugar. Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Spread in greased,13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle batter with the walnuts and 1 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan, boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over the still warm bars.
We can't let this one go unnoticed! It's a wonderful dessert and I am going to make it again for Thanksgiving! So ooey gooey good, it was a pleaser here and will be at your house too!
Just made these and couldn't wait to taste them. They smelled absolutely delicious while they were baking. Oh, they are soooo good with the coconut and nuts on the top and all that delicious gooey glaze that you pour over it. That glaze makes the whole thing taste wonderful. Thanks Rose of Sharon for this recipe. I will make it again.
This is now permanently ensconced in my more than 5* recipe cookbook! Super easy, super delicious and decadent (yes, decadent, even without chocolate LOL!) So moist, gooey, just how I love sweets! I choose this for Photo Swap#5 and am thrilled I made such a good choice! So, so good! Thanks Rose of Sharon!