Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
Any fruit will do - berries, apples, whatever you like. I wrote the recipe for berries because I had to choose, but I've made it often with apples and peaches as well. This recipe is adapted for the Thermomix from balancedbites.com
- 120 g walnuts
- 90 g coconut oil
- 200 g almond meal
- 45 g maple syrup (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pints berries
- 1 lemon, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Place walnuts in Thermomix Bowl. Set lid to closed position and hit turbo 2 or 3 times to chop the nuts. Tip out and set aside.
- Place coconut oil in TMbowl. Melt at 50º/speed 1.5/2 minutes. In summer you may not need to melt the oil at all - in winter it may take longer than 2 minutes - just make sure it is completely liquified.
- Add the almond meal, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to the melted oil. Mix 15 seconds/speed 4.
- Add the chopped walnuts to the TMbowl and mix the whole lot together 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Place the fruit in the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan. Squeeze the lemon over all. Sprinkle on the topping. Don't worry about trying to cover every bit of fruit.
- Bake 20-30 minutes - or until crumbly and golden brown.