Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Cobbler!! The recipe can easily be doubled.
Make and share this Fruit Cobbler (for 2) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries ("or" other fruit)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine blueberries, sugar and first amount of water in small saucepan.
- Heat, stirring often, until mixture simmers.
- Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes until berries are cooked.
- Mix cornstarch into second amount of water and stir into simmering berries.
- Stir until thickened a bit.
- Turn into ungreased 3 cup or 1 quart casserole.
- Keep warm.
- Topping: Measure first 4 ingredients into bowl.
- Add cooking oil, milk and vanilla.
- Drop in 4 mounds over top of berries.
- Bake, uncovered in 400f degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- Recipe can easily be doubled.
this recipe was super easy to make but i found it definately needed to be doubled to make it worth your while. i also added a dash of cinnamon to the blueberry mixture. delicious!!!
The perfect amount for 2 people. I made it with 2 apples instead of blueberries (also added some cinnamon) and we enjoyed it. To lower the fat a bit I substituted applesauce for half of the oil. The layer of dough was quite thin -- probably the baking dish I used was too large. I'll make this again!
Yummy! I used frozen blueberries and doubled it. Served with french vanilla ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream. I liked the thickness of the blueberry mixture, reminded me of a yummy blueberry pie I had years ago. Thanks Dorothy. =)