Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My family and friends think this cobbler should be at every potluck or bake sale. Use the fruit of your choice, add a few spices. Try with pears and cinnamon.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups peaches
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt oleo in 9 x 11" pan.
- Cut in shortening with flour until meal consistency.
- Add milk to form a soft ball (use more or less milk as needed.).
- Roll out dough to 1/4" rectangle sheet.
- Spread fruit over dough and roll up as you would a jellyroll.
- Cut into 1" slices and place in pan.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour hot mixture over fruit slices and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
This recipe is great for any fruit. It's alot easier than it sounds. It also freezes well for when friends drop by unexpectedly. You should try it!