Recipe by TeetersMaster
My family and friends think this cobbler should be at every potluck or bake sale. Use the fruit of your choice, add a few spices. Try with pears and cinnamon.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt oleo in 9 x 11" pan.
- Cut in shortening with flour until meal consistency.
- Add milk to form a soft ball (use more or less milk as needed.).
- Roll out dough to 1/4" rectangle sheet.
- Spread fruit over dough and roll up as you would a jellyroll.
- Cut into 1" slices and place in pan.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour hot mixture over fruit slices and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.