Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from Jeanine SIL Renee. It is a favorite for an extra yummy breakfast.
- 1 cup Bisquick or 1 cup other biscuit mix
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (see below) or 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling (see below) or 1 (21 ounce) can canned fruit, thickened (see below)
- If you want to make your own pie filling. Mix in 1 Tbs. cornstarch and 1/8 t. cinnamon in a sauce pan. From a 16 oz can of fruit (peaches, pears, apricots, cherries) stir in a little of the fruit liquid until smooth. Stir in remaining fruit and liquid. Cook over low heat stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 4 minuets. Freeze in a zippy.
- Mix together the Bisquick and 3 Tbs (not all 4) of sugar. Send in a zippy bag. With pie filling.
- To Serve: Preheat oven to 400°F Mix Bisquick with water, amount given is an estimate, pour in just enough to make drop biscuits. Open the pie filling and pour into a 1-quart casserole dish. Drop the biscuit mix around the edges, sealing them up from overflowing. Leave an opening in the middle with no biscuits on it so that the extra heat can escape the bottom. Sprinkle about 1 Tbs. of sugar on the biscuit mix. Bake until top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.