Recipe by LuuvBunny
These are so quick and easy to make and the result is awesome. They are especially good when you need something sweet...fast. This comes from a Nestle cookbook. I have made it several times and it is always perfect. I have yet to make this recipe with the pecans. Seems I never have them on hand. But they're great without them anyway.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust: Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 18-22 minutes or until set but not brown.
- For Topping: Combine flour, pecans and brown sugar in same bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread jam over hot crust. Sprinkle with topping and chocolate chips. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.