Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so quick and easy to make and the result is awesome. They are especially good when you need something sweet...fast. This comes from a Nestle cookbook. I have made it several times and it is always perfect. I have yet to make this recipe with the pecans. Seems I never have them on hand. But they're great without them anyway.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- For Crust: Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of greased 9 inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 18-22 minutes or until set but not brown.
- For Topping: Combine flour, pecans and brown sugar in same bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread jam over hot crust. Sprinkle with topping and chocolate chips. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
These are very good bars. I used slivered almonds instead of pecans. I liked the taste of the chocolate & raspberry.
Wow! so good and so easy.Thanks.