1/1 Photo of Fruit Chewy Cookies With No Added Sugar
These are a slight variation of a lovely cookie from a great diabetic cookbook called "Sweet & Natural: Desserts without sugar, honey, molasses or artificial sweetner" by Janet Warrington. I found this cookbook at a thrift store and have been meaning to try something from it. This is my first try. The original recipe lists carob powder as an optional ingredient. I decided to use it, but had to use cocoa powder as that was what I had. So feel free to leave it off. When you look at these cooled cookies the dates look like chocolate chips and my kids were slightly dissapointed when they realized they were fruit, but the enjoyed these a lot. A nice little fruity cookie which is quite sweet without any added sugar. Also, if you have over-ripe bananas which have not been frozen feel free to use those. I just have a bunch of bananas in my freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Defrost the bananas so they are soft and mash them in a bowl, leaving some little chunks.
- 3Into the bowl add the egg whites and mix well.
- 4Then add the dates and the raisins and mix well or until the fruit is coated with the egg mixture.
- 5Add the oatmeal and the cocoa powder if you are using it.
- 6Let the bowl sit for 10 minutes or until the oatmeal absorbs all the liquid.
- 7Spray baking pans with cooking spray.
- 8Using 2 teaspoons, spoon the mixture onto the baking pan.
- 9With the back of one of the spoons, smush the mixture down so it is somewhat flat.
- 10Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are getting golden brown.
- 11Remove the cookies to a cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Chewy Cookies With No Added Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g