Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are so good. They are very quick and easy to make, with ingredients found in most homes. A real treat, excellent for company, family & friends...enjoy! *Please note cooking time is chilling time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (eagle brand)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 prepared tart shells, baked, your favourite
- 3 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- 4 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- 12 fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 fresh blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup crab apple jelly, melted
- Beat the cream cheese till soft and creamy, gradually add in the condensed milk.
- Blend until smooth and stir in lemon juice, lemon rind, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add a little toasted coconut to the bottom of each tart shell.
- Cover with cream cheese mixture and chill for 2 hours, until mixture has set.
- Before serving add a strawberry slice, pineapple chunk and a large blackberry to each tart.
- Brush lightly with melted crab apple jelly.
- Any leftovers must be refrigerated.
These are great. Love the addition of the lemon flavor with the coconut. These also freeze very well after being set (without the fruit on top) a great cheesecake treat for anytime. I did also have some with a topping of cherry pie filling. Great recipe. Swap#27 Aus/NZ
Made for Photo Tag 2008 Sorry the pics are not best,BK but the tarts are delicious and once you have all the ingredients,they together effortlessly!The almond flavour makes it special.
I'm not usually big on the small, individual servings [unless the slab is cut into bars!], but decided to take on these tarts! Glad I did, 'cause the making of them was a fun time, & the eating of them was A REALLY FUN TIME! I was afraid I wouldn't find the fresh ingredients called for, but the weekly local Farmers' Market came through yet again! I even shared them with several neighbors [who think I'm unusual [or crazy!] for doing so much shared cooking! Thanks yet again for a great recipe!