Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is posted for a request. It's from a cookbook I use often-The Aust. Women's Weekly Barbecue Book-though i've never made this cheese roll. I'm only guessing at prep time, and in the blurb, it says it can actually be made up to 4 days ahead to allow the flavours to really develop.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mixed glace fruit
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 (250 g) packet cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup poppy seed
- Combine fruits in bowl, add port, cover and allow to stand for 1-2 hours.
- Beat softened cream cheese and cheddar together in electric mixer, stir in rind and fruit mixture.
- Refrigerate covered for 1 hour.
- Roll mixture into a log shape about 20cm in length, roll in poppy seeds, cover and refrigerated 24 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
This is very easy to make and always seems to be so popular that people want to know what is in it.