Recipe by Mme M
This is a colorful, fruited cheese log that is sliced to fit on crackers. It will keep up to four days. From Australian Women's Weekly publications, 1980s sometime, The Barbeque Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup mixed glace fruit
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fruits in a bowl, add the port wine, cover, stand 1 to 2 hours.
- Beat softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese together in electric mixer.
- Stir in orange rind and the fruit mixture; refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Roll mixture into log shape about 8 inches in length (look at the diameter to see if slices will fit on your chosen cracker).
- Roll in poppy seeds.
- Cover, refrigerate 24 hours.
- Serve with crackers.