Recipe by monica_roberts
These cupcakes are easy and don't need frosting. You can use any kind of fruit preserves. I made them with caramel apple butter (from the grocery store).
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese (I used 8 oz tubs)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup fruit preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Combine all ingredients except preserves in a large mixing bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Fill baking cups halfway, reserving about a third of the batter.
- Drop ½ teaspoon preserves into the center of each cupcake .
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when gently touched.
- Cool on wire racks.